Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Churros

Churros, frankly I don't know how to pronounce it correctly.. Churros or Churro..hehehehe
Today I tried to make it since the whether here is so cold,,I wanted to make savoury food, not much sugar, but I didn't have much time as well. So, I decided to make churros. I browsed for about 30 minutes to find out the information about this food. I was so happy because I didn't need much time to make it and the way to make it same as the way you make choux. The different here is the use of sugar, if you make choux you don't need to add sugar into the dough, but here you need to add 1-2tbs sugar.

Well,,I didn't expect much because it was my first time to make. But, I'm sorry to say..I did make it and the result...wowwww It's so deliciousssssss.. ^_______^ Adding some icing sugar and cinnamon powder make it more yuuummmmyyyyy....





This is the recipe....try it ^^

Ingredient
150 ml water
150 gr flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs sugar
50 gr butter (I used unsalted butter)
2 large eggs
vegetable oil for frying
*icing sugar and cinnamon powder for dusting (additional)

Method
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, butter, salt, and sugar, bring to a boil and remove from heat. Add flour and stir it well.
2. Add 2 eggs into the mixture and stir it.
3. Heat oil for frying and pipe the dough into hot oil using piping bag. Fry until golden and drain on paper towel.
4. Dust churros with icing sugar and cinnamon powder.

0 comments:

Post a Comment